Designed and manufactured in Western Australia, these High-Density Polyethylene workboats are marketed through Torque Engineering Australia Pty Ltd. The boats are designed to comply with to AS1799.1 and AMSA Exemption 40, Class 2C survey if required.
- High Density Polyethylene (PE100) as the following advantages which make it an ideal material for offshore workboat construction.
- Corrosion free – Oxygen and saltwater have no effect on the material
- UV stabilised – Ultra violate radiation from the sun will not affect the material
- High Impact resistance
- Chemical resistance
- No antifouling needed – Marine growth will appear on the surface of immersed surfaces but will not be able to get well established and will normally be removed when the boat is travelling at speed through the water
- Ease of maintenance & modification
- Resistance to rotting, insects, mould, and mildew.
- Buoyant material – PE100 is lighter than water so the material floats on water. Every 960 kg of HDPE will support approximately 50 kg of load before sinking
Download the specification sheet